TCEB Situation Update
COVID-19 virus on 1 July 2021
Designation of Targeted Control Area and Enforcement of Stringent Control Measures
In an attempt to control the ongoing COVID-19 situation, the Government and Bangkok Metropolitan Administration have issued sets of regulation ordering lockdown of construction worker’s shelters, 20-people limit for MICE activity and take-away only for all restaurants. The detail of control measures are as follows:
1. Urgent control measures to contain the infection in targeted control areas
The measures aim at enabling the urgent execution of the authorities in 10-province maximum and tightly restricted zone in Bangkok and its surrounding provinces, Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakarn and Samut Sakhon, and southern border provinces, Narathiwat, Pattani, Yala and Song Khla. These measures with immediate action will be executed for 30 days during which the situation in the areas and the suitability of the measures will be assessed every 15 days. In this connection, integrated control measures established for maximum and tightly restricted zone as stated in the directive number 24 dated 19 June 2021 will be enforced in the targeted control areas with no contradiction with the urgent control measures in this announcement.
2. Control and preventive measures for construction workers in Bangkok and surrounding provinces
The Bangkok governor and the governors of surrounding provinces can consider closing construction sites, altering or demolishing buildings in line with the laws on building control, or all types of development projects under the law on land development, or factories under the law on factory. They can order the closure of temporary shelters of workers both inside and outside the construction sites. The order covers the alteration or demolition of the building, cessation of operation and 30-day prohibition of workers’ migration.
3. Control and preventive measures for enterprise and factory workers in Bangkok and surrounding provinces
The authorities and disease control officials will examine the execution of disease control measures by entrepreneurs or responsible persons of the enterprises and factories located in targeted zones (Bubble and Seal). The authorities and disease control officials will also establish conditions to oversee or restrict in and out travel within the enterprises and factories. Other disease control measures, criteria, and directives will also be executed in collaboration with the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), Ministry of Public Health, and other related agencies.
4. Urgent integrated control measures in Bangkok and surrounding provinces
Conditions, duration, arrangement and disease control measures will be executed for at least 30 days on
a continued basis as follows:
1) Restaurants and food and beverage outlets and other forms of such services in the following spots can operate take-away delivery services only:
• Department stores, shopping centres, community malls, trade fair centres, convention or exhibition centres, hotels, airports, train stations, bus stations, convenient stores, supermarkets, pushcarts, stalls, markets, floating markets, wholesale markets, night market or other similar establishments
2) Shopping malls, shopping centres, community malls can operate until 21:00 hrs. Performance theaters, cinemas, water parks, and sit-in food centres are prohibited. Social distance in the waiting areas must be arranged, air ventilation system must be improved, and public relations for the strict compliance with public health measures must be undertaken.
3) Hotels, trade fair centers, convention centers or exhibition halls can operate in their normal hours but meetings, seminars and banquets are not allowed.
4) Activities involving over 20 attendants are prohibited, except those permitted by the authorities or activities organised by the authorities or held within quarantine zones.
The Governor of Bangkok, with the consent of the Bangkok Metropolitan Authority’s Communicable Disease Committee, announced in the order number 34 the temporary closure of public venues and establishments and the execution of the authorised disease prevention for at least 30 days. The details are as follows:
1) Certain venues and establishments are closed according to the enforced measures stipulated in the announcement on the temporary closure of certain spots number 32 dated 14 June 2021 and the announcement number 33, dated 20 June 2021.
2) The closing of construction sites, alteration or demolition of buildings in line with the laws on building control, or all types of development projects under the law on land development, or factories under the law on factory can be undertaken. Temporary shelters of workers both inside and outside the construction sites can be closed, altered or demolished. Operation can be ceased and workers’ migration is prohibited. Such shelters can be turned into detaining centres, nursing stations,field hospitals or any purposes that benefit disease controls under the supervision of the Ministry of Public Health.
3) Restaurants and food and beverage outlets and other forms of such services in the following spots can operate take-away delivery services only:
• Department stores, shopping centres, community malls, trade fair centres, convention or exhibition centres, hotels, airports, train stations, bus stations, convenient stores, supermarkets, pushcarts, stalls, markets, floating markets, wholesale markets, night market or other
4) Shopping malls, shopping centres, community malls can operate until 21:00 hrs. Performance theaters, cinemas, water parks and sit-in food centres are prohibited. Social distance in the waiting areas must be arranged, air ventilation system must be improved and public relations for the strict compliance with public health measures must be undertaken.
5) Hotels, trade fair centers, convention centers or exhibition halls can operate in their normal hours but meetings, seminars and banquets are not allowed.
6) Activities involving over 20 attendants are prohibited, except those permitted by the authorities or activities organised by the authorities or held within quarantine zones.
7) Social activities involving gatherings like parties, banquets or festivals are prohibited. The exception is the pre-planned customary ceremonies with established authorised disease control measures.
Any other cases to this announcement are required to comply with the announcement number 32, dated 14 June 2021, and the announcement number 33, dated 20 June 2021. In case of any contradictions, the latter shall be applied, which must not be contrary to this announcement.
Violators are subject to the penalty according to Article 52 of the Communicable Disease Act, B.E. 2558, resulting in a maximum one-year imprisonment, or a maximum fine of 100,000 baht, or both. They are also subject to Article 18 of the Emergency Decree on Public Administration, B.E. 2548, resulting in a maximum two-year imprisonment, or a maximum fine of 40,000 baht, or both.
Due to an emergency affair, any rights to dispute this announcement is not permitted, according to Article 30, paragraph 2 (1) of the Administrative Procedure Act, B.E. 2539
Effective from 28 June 2021 to 27 July 2021 or until further notice
5. Disease control and preventive measures in communities
The authorities and disease control officials in maximum and tightly restricted zones will work with concerned bodies in taking a legal act to inspect communities, markets or risk areas, conduct pro-active screening measures, and separate persons at risk or infected persons into isolation, detainment or controlled observance or provide them with treatment in line with public health protocols. In case cluster infection is detected, the city/provincial governors can consider taking legal action to temporary close the communities or such places or establish conditions to oversee and restrict movement in and out of the risk areas and execute disease control measures as established by the Ministry of Public Health and in line with the directives of the Prime Minister and CCSA.
6. Public assistance
When the order to execute number 5 measures is made, the authorities or volunteers supported by concerned bodies will provide assistance to the persons, especially the disadvantageous groups, elderly or those in need of assistance, who are affected by the order of closure and restriction of moving in and out of risk cluster areas in the communities.
7. Conditions on transportation and screening travel measures
The concerned authorities are required to set up checkpoints or blockade to screen for at least 30 days
the travelers in accordance with the directives established by the operation centre of CCSA.
The details are as follows:
1) The entry and eฟxit of the southern border provinces (Narathiwat, Pattani, Yala, Song Khla) is subject to the display of identity cards or other similar cards by the travelers. They also need to display certifying documents issued by concerned authorities or administrative authorities in the area. This is non-inclusive of exempted persons under the criteria of CCSA.
2) Bangkok and surrounding provinces (Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan, and Samut Sakorn): Checkpoints or blockage shall be set up to restrict in and out travel of workers. The exception is workers permitted by the governor of both source and destination province to make inter-provincial travel to do their work. For general public, they are asked to exercise their own discretion in making a travel.
3) The routes in and out of other provinces are subject to strict surveillance and screening at checkpoints or blockage. Travelers from maximum control and tightly restricted zones will be observed, isolated or detained in the officially designated areas or in compliance with the directives of the Ministry of Public Health or CCSA.
8. Suppressing wrongdoers causing the spread of the disease
The security authorities with the support of concerned bodies will make strict inspection to ensure no illegal gathering,such as gambling, drug taking, car racing or violation of regulations imposed on certain establishments. In case any entrepreneurs, government officials or any persons involved in the movement of illegal overseas workers, assisting overseas workers to leave their shelters under closure order so that they can travel to work without disease screening, are subject to legal actions. The authorities committing negligence are subject to discipline actions as deemed appropriate and necessary by their superiors.
9. Work from home measure
Work from home measure remains a consideration issue for maximum extension to reduce volume of travel, contact and infection opportunities. Any service for the public will not be compromised by this measure.
10. Social activities or socialising gatherings like parties, banquets or festivals in maximum control area with tightened restrictions are prohibited for at least 30 days.
The exception is pre-planned customary ceremonies which can be held in an appropriate manner with
the execution of authorised disease control measures.
Effective 28 June 2021 onwards
http://www.ratchakitcha.soc.go.th/DATA/PDF/2564/E/140/T_0001.PDF (TH VERSION)
Further information about COVID-19 outbreak from WHO
Department of Disease Control Contact Centre (Call 1422 24/7)
Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (TCEB) (Call +66 (0) 2694 6000)
https://www.businesseventsthailand.com/en/situation-update-coronavirus-covid-19 or firstname.lastname@example.org