TCEB Situation Update
Travel Advisory: COVID-19 virus on 8 April 2020
Visa Extension for Foreigners until 30th April 2020. No Fine Imposed
The Immigration Bureau under the Ministry of Interior has announced the relaxation of visa rules and requirements for foreigners residing and remaining in Thailand in order to facilitate their stay when the strict measures of the Thai government against the spread of COVID-19 have been enforced.
The visa relief measures effective from 8 April 2020 are as follows:
1. Foreigners holding residence visas, who normally reside in Thailand but are now overseas and unable to re-enter Thailand within the required one-year period of their departure, are granted an extension of their compulsory return deadline. However, they are required to return to Thailand as soon as the situation improves within the period specified by the Immigration Bureau.
2. Entry visas including visa on arrival which have expired since 26th of March 2020 will be automatically extended to 30th of April 2020. There is no need to apply for a visa extension at Immigration Office for this period and the visa holders will not be fined for the extended stay.
3. Foreigners who are due for 90 days reports between 26th of March 2020 and 30th of April 2020 are temporarily exempted from reporting in this period until further notice.
4. Foreigners who are holding Border Passes will be allowed to stay in Thailand for now. However, they must depart Thailand within 7 days after the re-opening of the border crossing points or face legal actions for violation.
5. Foreigners are advised to follow announcements regarding immigration measures closely for updates.
Information about COVID-19 outbreak from WHO
Disease Control Department call centre 1422, 24-hour
Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (TCEB) call +66 (0) 2694 6000
https://www.businesseventsthailand.com/en/situation-update-coronavirus-covid-19 or email@example.com.
Immigration Bureau: Special permission for some classes of foreigners to stay in the Kingdom