28 September 2016/Bangkok: Thailand Convention and Exhibitions Bureau or TCEB disclosed national economic results by which the economic growth has been the fruits of MICE with proven revenue records of 220 billion baht. In this occasion, the 2017 new communication campaign “THAILAND CONNECT Your Vibrant Journey to Business Success” was introduced to enhance the image of Thailand as an ideal destination for bleisure (business+leisure), aiming to attract 1,109,000 MICE travellers for which can generate 101,000 million baht of revenue into the country.
Mrs Supawan Teerarat, Vice President, Strategic and Business Development, TCEB, revealed that, “MICE industry is a key mechanism that contributes to the economic growth of Thailand. There is a study last year which indicated the total spending in the entire economic system contributed by MICE activities had reached 220 billion baht, whereas approximately 164,000 jobs were created. In addition, the Government can gain extra revenue of 10,400 million baht from taxing businesses engaging with MICE. Besides, Thailand MICE industry has enjoyed additional advantages in terms of quantity from investment networking, branding and industrial skill sharing. MICE Industry, hence, has become one of key industries being emphasised in the 20-Year National Strategy (2017-2036).”
The 2017 MICE marketing promotion will be moving forward using the country’s utmost potential to mobilise Thailand as the perfect destination for business and leisure under the “THAILAND CONNECT Your Vibrant Journey to Business Success” campaign, which has stemmed from the 2016 campaign known as THAILAND CONNECT Our Heart Your World.
The Thailand CONNECT Your Vibrant Journey to Business Success continues to build on the strong legacy of the three fundamental pillars of Thailand’s MICE industry including (1) Destinations (2) Business and (3) People, by showcasing the best of all three elements.
The three key pillars of Thailand’s MICE industry include:
1. DESTINATIONS OF THAILAND: Exploring vibrant destinations embraced with vivid inspirations, highlighting three key attributes, which include:
1) Strategic Location: Thailand is a perfect stop for bleisure trips (business + leisure). Ideally located at the crossroads of Asia, Thailand is a gateway and the hub of ASEAN. Thailand also serves as the gateway to the fast-growing Greater Mekong Sub-region, making it a perfect stop for both business and leisure.
2) Logistics Excellence: More travelling routes, more dynamic possibilities: Thailand boasts logistics excellence and excellent transportation meaning MICE travellers have myriad choices of travel in Thailand. Business journey in Thailand is geared towards success owing to such comprehensive infrastructure and logistics excellence.
3) Diversity of Destinations & Experiences: Colour Your Business Journey: MICE travellers can enjoy a pre-imagined meeting themes that can transform a usual venues into any theme events as far as you can imagine: including fascinating history and culture; treasured team building; outdoor adventures; CSR and green meetings; lavish luxury; culinary journeys; and beach bliss theme.
2. BUSINESS IN THAILAND: Embarking on the resourceful Thailand with vital business collaborations for worldwide opportunities, highlighting three key attributes, which include:
1) Supported by Government: Strongly backed up by the Government policy, MICE industry of Thailand is gearing towards the brighter future, so business event travellers can rest assure that Thailand can help them complete their business missions successfully and efficiently.
2) Advanced Technology and Digital Facility: The digital ecosystem in Thailand is growing rapidly nowadays with the continuous development of digital infrastructure, digital service and digital economy paving the way for innovative path of borderless connectivity
3) International Competency: Trusted as the regional headquarters for several leading global corporations such as Google, Line, Alibaba, Honda, Ford, Chevron and many more.
3. PEOPLE OF THAILAND: Engaging passionate professionals with a touch of Thai vibrancy. Thailand’s MICE professionals are more than ready to service the needs of any business events and make any business journey a vibrant journey, highlighting three key attributes, which include:
1) Ease of doing business: Your vibrant business journeys starts at the very first step of arrival with Premium Lane service at Suvarnabhumi Airport. Wherever you go and do businesses in Thailand, there are helpful and professional people to assist along the journey throughout the trip.
2) Professionalism goes beyond standard: Business event travellers can find it very convenient to stage a successful event in Thailand as industry people are all well-trained to deliver professionalism in every step of doing business.
3) Access to New Generation of Business: Thailand is the crossroads of young entrepreneurs and start-ups and the Thai government has the scheme to provide support and facilitate for these start-ups.
Recognised as the largest MICE trade show of Asia-Pacific, TCEB, as the event host, will use the IT&CMA and CTW Asia-Pacific 2016 to introduce the 2017 new communication campaign “THAILAND CONNECT Your Vibrant Journey to Business Success” to the eyes of more than 2,800 delegates who are MICE entrepreneurs and members of the press from over 60 countries joining the events during 27-29 September, at Bangkok Convention Centre, Centara Grand CentralWorld.
“TCEB is proud to showcase Thailand through the Thailand Pavilion, located at booth number B1, which is the largest among all booths. The pavilion will pool approximately 63 MICE entrepreneurs who will offer their products and services relevant to MICE directly to international buyers. Delegates will be exposed to special experiences through several activities, such as the gigantic robot emcee, umbrella colouring, Thai boxing show, 360º virtual reality video that will excite all viewers. Additionally, TCEB will be supporting the official Opening Ceremony & Welcome Reception designed with the Siam Spice Night theme in which will serve as the arena for the networking of buyers, sellers, speakers and media from over 60 countries across Asia-Pacific, including India, China, Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines and so on. Furthermore, TCEB provides support in terms of transportation, accommodation and a welcome activity, featuring the City Tour at Queen Sirikit Museum of Textiles in Bangkok. Post Tour will also be held along 2 famous routes, including Hua Hin, Prachuap Khiri Khan and Khao Yai, Nakhon Ratchasima, in order to showcase MICE venues and the provinces with readiness to serve 550 MICE travellers and buyers who join the tour. TCEB expects that the events will generate approximately 2,500 million baht of income from business negotiation. Moreover, the events will reflect the potential of Thailand, which is not only an ideal destination for business events, but also a perfect point for leisure anyone can reward themselves with unforgettable experiences in Thailand.” concluded Mrs Supawan.
In 2017, TCEB foresees Thailand will welcome a total of 1,109,000 MICE travellers, which can generate 101,000 million baht of income, which is an increase from 2016 that MICE travellers have totalled 1,060,000, earning 92,000 million baht into Thai economy. Meanwhile, TCEB has successfully attracted several major business events into Thailand, such as the 10th International Petroleum Technology Conference with 2,500 delegates; the 10th International Convention of Asia Scholars (ICAS) with 2,000 delegates; VIV Asia 2017 with 30,000 delegates; Bangkok Entertainment Week 2017 with 700,000 participants and many more.
# # #
For further information, please contact: Corporate Communications Division,
Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (Public Organization)
Ms Arisara Thanuplang Tel: + 662 694 6095 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms Kanokwan Kadeedang Tel: + 662 694 6006 Email: email@example.com
Ms Titiwanlaya Thaimongkolrat Tel: + 662 694 6103 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms Kwanchanok Otton Tel: + 662 694 6096 Email: email@example.com
Ms Paniyada Mulalin Tel: + 662 694 6091 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org