TCEB Situation Update
Travel Advisory: COVID-19 Virus on 29 January 2021
COVID-19 Prevention for MICE in Bangkok
The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) issued an announcement number 17 dated 21 January 2021 enabling MICE activities to perform in accordance with disease prevention standard. Banquet venues and similar establishments are NOT allowed for alcohol consumption and must strictly comply with the following disease prevention measures:
- Clean all frequently touched surfaces, including restroom, before and after the service and dispose waste on a daily basis
- Business owners, staff members, users and visitors must always wear surgical masks or fabric face masks.
- Provide sufficient hand-washing stations with soap, alcohol gel or disinfectant
- Keep one-meter social distancing practice
- Control the number of participants to avoid overcrowding by executing shift schedules.
5.1 For conventions, meetings, training, seminars, exhibitions, trade shows, the average space needed for 1 participant should not be less than 4 sq. m. and walk way should be increased proportionately.
5.2 Catering activities, ceremonies, performances and shows must not feature promotional activities or any activities that will bring in large crowd and may cause uncontrolled situation.
- Venue owners or renters or business owners or organisers must register to confirm the compliance with COVID-19 prevention measures stipulated by the government.
- Exercise control over entrance and exit, execute queuing system and activate registration system for pre-entry and exit. Consider employing technology in organising exhibitions or trade shows and use government’s applications, such as Mor Chana and Thai Chana.
- Implement screening system for respiratory symptoms and fever among business owners, staff members, users and visitors before entering the venues. Provide visible symbols for those who pass the screening. Provide separate room for those with symptoms and install or use data tracking system to track all visitors and report to the authorities in case PUI - Patient Under Investigation - is detected.
- Install ventilation system in the venues, including restrooms. Frequently clean up and disinfect air conditioning system
- Arrange social distance seating - two seats with one seat left empty in between in a space with good ventilation
- Arrange waiting area and queuing area with a clear sign of 1-metre-apart standing spot. Control the situation during entry and exit to avoid overcrowding and disorder
- Consider staggered hours system for opening and closing the conventions, meetings, training, seminars, exhibitions, trade shows, catering activities, ceremonies, performances and shows. Provide shuttle service for participants
- Provide advice for participants. Supervise, monitor and control the services and activities to prevent close gathering
- Utilise innovation such as, advance registration scheme, online booking system or controlled system for entrance and exit to reduce density
- Provide separate or individual meals
- Strictly follow the disease control measures for banquet. In case of over 300 attendees, the organiser must contact and submit the organisation plan and disease prevention plans to Health Department of Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA).
Further information about COVID-19 outbreak from WHO
Department of Disease Control Contact Centre (Call 1422 24/7)
Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (TCEB) (Call +66 (0) 2694 6000)
https://www.businesseventsthailand.com/en/situation-update-coronavirus-covid-19 or firstname.lastname@example.org