TCEB Situation Update
Travel Advisory: COVID-19 virus on 31 May 2020
One-Month Extension of Emergency Decree and Third Phase Easing of Lockdown Measures
Green Light for Convention and Exhibition Centers
The Thai cabinet resolved to extend the enforcement of the emergency decree for one month, effective from June 1 until June 30, 2020 to ensure that the COVID-19 situation is put under control and second wave infection can be prevented. However, the night curfew is now shortened to 23.00 – 03.00 hrs. Also the third phase easing of lockdown measures has been announced, also effective from June 1, allowing more economic and social activities to operate but must remain under health and public safety rules and regulations.
This includes the reopening of convention and exhibition centers for business but they must close by 21.00 hrs and the space used must not exceed 20,000 sqm.
Other economic and social activities allowed to operate are as follows:
- Inter-provincial travel not for leisure is permitted. To avoid curfew period, embarkation must be before 23.00 hrs and disembarkation after 03.00 hrs.
- Department stores and community malls’ service hour is extended by one hour to until 21.00 hrs.
- Beauty and hair salons service is limited to a maximum 2 hrs. per one client and no waiting is allowed inside.
- Schools and educational institutes can now conduct training, examination, meeting but the activities must comply with disease control measures.
- Beauty clinics and tattoo services
- Health, spa and massage shops can reopen but steaming and facial massage are prohibited.
- Sport venues are open for training and exercising only. This is applicable to football, futsal, basketball and volleyball. No competition is allowed.
- Swimming pools and water sport activities – no competition is allowed. Number of participants must be limited to pair with available water sport equipment.
- Fitness centers – the number of participants in group activities must be limited. No group steaming.
- Boxing gyms – only shadow boxing is allowed. No competition.
- Ballroom dancing schools
- Cinemas and theatrical performance with a maximum of 200 audiences only and distancing requirement must be met. No large scale musical concert is allowed at present.
- Zoo – attendees of group activity must be limited.
Information about COVID-19 outbreak from WHO
Disease Control Department call centre 1422, 24-hour
Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (TCEB) call +66 (0) 2694 6000
04 May 2021 | 658 Views
27 April 2021 | 493 Views
24 April 2021 | 572 Views
21 April 2021 | 666 Views
02 April 2021 | 1.736k Views