TCEB Situation Update
Travel Advisory: COVID-19 virus on 17 May 2020
Thailand’s Second-Phase Easing of Lockdown Measures
More Businesses Reopen, Curfew Shortened
The Thai cabinet approved the second phase of the easing of lockdown measures on Friday 15, allowing more types of business to reopen beginning Sunday 17, May. Night curfew, meanwhile, is shortened from 22.00 – 04.00 hrs. to 23.00 until 4.00 hrs. Ban on all international flight remains in effect.
The relaxation follows the continued drop in the COVID-19 infection to single-digit rate and the recovering rate of over 90%.
Businesses allowed to reopen are the followings:
1.) Food, Drink and Daily Necessity
- Food and drink in restaurant, food court, food shop, food centre, office building, office canteen (alcoholic drinks on the premise are not allowed)
- Shops in department stores or community malls, such as supermarket, restaurant (alcoholic drinks on the premise are not allowed), drug store, clothing, office supplies, computer and electrical appliances, beauty salon, flower, communication, financial services, pet (except massage, spa, activities on the premise, cinema, bowling, skating, karaoke, amusement park)
- Large retail shops and large wholesale markets, such as building material, furniture
- Healthcare services – nursery, sheltering homes can provide services to children, senior people or vulnerable groups who stay overnight only.
2.) Health, Wellness and Recreation
- Beauty parlour for body and skin (facial care not permitted)
- Gyms and fitness centers can now open but only for yoga and free weight training. Swimming pool can now be back on business. Sporting game, however, will be allowed only if there are no more than three persons in one team, no physical contact and no viewer, such as badminton, tennis and squash.
- Convention halls and meeting rooms in hotels (only internal corporate meetings with limited number of attendees are allowed)
- Filming activities can now resume their operation with a limit of no more than 50 people and individual dining space must be provided.
- Botanical garden, library, museum, gallery
Information about COVID-19 outbreak from WHO
Disease Control Department call centre 1422, 24-hour
Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (TCEB) call +66 (0) 2694 6000
https://www.businesseventsthailand.com/en/situation-update-coronavirus-covid-19 or email@example.com