Vision & Mission
Thailand to become a globally recognized and preferred MICE destination in Asia
To enhance the impact of Thailand’s MICE industry on the Thai economy.
To create sustainable fundamentals for Thailand’s MICE industry to compete efficiently and effectively in the international arena.
Mr. Nopparat Maythaveekulchai (The President of the Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau)
In enhancing the growth and driving the industry forward rapidly, there are 5 policies I believe are important as they are the foundation for the integration of the whole MICE system.
- The establishment of coordination between public and private sectors in driving Thai MICE industry forward. Definitely, TCEB is unable to operate at its best without supports from public and private sectors. TCEB would concentrate in Thai-style teamwork by which members join to pool events into Thailand and help promote Thai MICE. Brainstorming symposiums will be held jointly with public and private sectors to pave the way for the betterment of MICE industry by having relevant parties coordinated to design plans for marketing, public relations and industry progression.
- The enhancement of TCEB’s public image. The policy emphasises the creation of awareness of the bureau’s image among public. By relying on the development of information technology designed for digital MICE marketing which will be used as communication means for MICE target markets worldwide, the channel will be perpetually packed full with interesting contents and important updates. It will also serve as an essential element in creating more awareness as once TCEB is recognised in a wider circle, the liaison with alliances orappeals for assistance from other organisations or general public could be made easier and faster. These in turn will result in good impression that international MICE travellers will be receiving.
- Embracing the pooling of mega projects into Thailand. The achievement of this policy is dependent on the region for which such mega project is being held. Nevertheless, entrepreneurs and public sectors must operate jointly in a systematic way to make MICE destinations and attractions nationwide safe, convenient and well-provided with quality food. These factors are considered important in pooling mega projects into the country. Moreover, all sectors must hasten the development of basic infrastructure and telecommunication network, such as mass transit train and the extension of high-speed telecommunication system.
- Involving in strategic marketing. Building strength in marketing is crucial, ranging from creating new marketing channels, integrating database for the achievement of mission to establishing comprehensive MICE information centres. From now on, TCEB will explore target markets by recruiting alliances as well as initiate rapport with public and private sectors, such as Ministry of Tourism & Sports, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Tourism Authority of Thailand and Thai Airways International, in jointly creating marketing promotion plans for MICE on international scale. For example, the existing “OptiMICE Pass Package” campaign that TCEB and Thai Airways joined together to explore MICE market in Singapore.
- The development of MICE Intelligence Center. Global village is now living the era of information which tremendously affect the advancement and promotion of business. TCEB must seek for our standing point and enhance service on which every sector can rely. Implementation and progression of this segment are important elements that could make the difference and well serve as supporter for public and private sectors, as well as Thai MICE industry.