1 February 2018, Bangkok: The Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (Public Organization) or TCEB unveiled a major announcement to usher in the New Year, outlining an impressive line-up of MICE and mega events to be held in Bangkok and Thailand throughout 2018. TCEB’s commitment to help disperse activities to MICE Cities and other high potential cities is in alignment with government policy to drive sustainable social and economic development. The bureau foresees that more than 30 million domestic and MICE travellers will help generate MICE revenue of 174 billion baht during the 2018 fiscal year.
Mr. Chiruit Isarangkun Na Ayuthaya, President of TCEB revealed that Thailand’s MICE industry continues to show positive signs of growth as a result of collaboration by all public and private sector stakeholders. In 2017 Thailand welcomed 36,364,467 MICE travellers, generating revenue of 179.601 billion baht. Of these, 1,047,959 were international MICE visitors, generating 88.459 billion baht revenue, while 35,316,508 domestic MICE travellers helped contribute 91.142 billion baht revenue.
“Looking ahead, from January to June 2018, more than 350 conventions are set to be held in Thailand, in addition to a wide range of confirmed meetings from now until the end of the year. Up to 45 per cent of these events will be held in Bangkok, while the remaining 55 per cent will be held in MICE Cities including Chiang Mai, Pattaya, Phuket, and Khon Kaen, as well as high potential cities such as Chiang Rai, Nakhon Ratchasima, Udon Thani, and Songkhla. This line-up will not only help disperse MICE revenue to local communities but will also drive the economy sustainably. TCEB strives to work closely with partner organisations to host and provide bid support for global events to be held Thailand, propelling prosperity through the MICE industry into local communities.”
MICE and Mega Events highlights in the first half of 2018 include the 2018 MDRT Experience and Global Conference, a one-of-a- kind learning experience that brings together world-leading analysts, life insurance, and financial service professionals from around the world including 4,500 international delegates and 1,000 Thai delegates, from 8-10 February 2018; and the 11th Asian Pacific Poultry Conference (APPC 2018) – a knowledge sharing platform for the poultry industry, from 25-27 March 2018, with 600 international MICE travellers, together with 500 Thai guests.
Thailand will also play host to the upcoming World Cyber Games 2018. The world’s biggest international eSport event will be organized in Bangkok from 26-29 April 2018 at Impact Muang Thong Thani, where it is expected that more than 10,000 participants will join Thailand’s biggest event of its kind.
In terms of international exhibitions, headline events include ProPak Asia 2018 – the largest processing and packaging industry event of its kind in Asia, which will return to Bangkok International Trade and Exhibition Centre (BITEC), from 13-16 June 2018. 50,000 international business visitors and 7,500 Thai businesspeople are expected to join the 26th edition of the event in Thailand.
In other MICE Cities, the line-up of international MICE activities includes the 13th International Conference of the Asian Clinical Oncology Society 2018 (ACOS 2018), from 23-25 February 2018 at the Empress Convention Center, the Empress Hotel, Chiang Mai, which will welcome more than 500 oncologist professionals from around the region; and the 8th International Congress of Asian Society of Toxicology (ASIATOX 2018), from 17-20 June 2018 at the Pattaya Exhibition and Convention Hall (PEACH), Pattaya, at which 600 toxicologists from across Asia are expected to join.
“Our role as a host country for major MICE and Mega Events helps reaffirm confidence from business communities around the world about Thailand’s position as a truly world-class MICE destination. Additionally, the MICE industry contributes to the country’s economic system with healthy revenue of over 222.712 billion baht, while creating employment opportunities, with 164,427 jobs created in Thailand.
During the 2018 fiscal year, Thailand is expected to welcome 30.1 million MICE travellers, generating MICE revenue of up to 174 billion baht. Of this total, 1.192 million international MICE travellers are expected to account for 112 billion baht MICE revenue, and 29 million domestic MICE travellers will add 62 billion baht MICE revenue into our economy,” Mr Chiruit concluded.
# # #
For further information, please contact: Corporate Communications Department
Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (Public Organization)
Ms. Kwanchanok Otton Tel: + 662 694 6096 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Issara Rotchanakuson Tel: + 662 694 6181 Email: email@example.com
24 February 2018 | 1.57k Views
16 February 2018 | 1.844k Views
16 February 2018 | 1.737k Views
08 February 2018 | 2.819k Views
07 February 2018 | 2.907k Views