With the decline of the COVID-19 infection rate in Thailand and the reopening of countries around the world, the Thai government has issued regulations to ease disease control measures to promote business activities which will be effective from 1 June 2022 onwards as follows:
1. Adjustment of zoning and additional pilot tourism areas
The Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has adjusted area zoning and increased pilot tourism areas.
1) 46 close surveillance provinces: Kalasin, Kamphaeng Phet, Khon Kaen (except Muang District, Khao Suan Kwang District, Poei Noi District, Phon District, Phu Wiang District, Wiang Kao District, and Ubolratana District), Chachoengsao, Chaiyaphum, Chumphon, Trang, Tak, Nakhon Nayok, Nakhon Pathom, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Nakhon Sawan, Bueng Kan, Prachinburi, Pattani, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya (except Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya District, Bang Pa-in District, Phachi District and Uthai District), Phatthalung, Phitsanulok, Phetchabun, Phrae, Phayao, Mukdahan, Mae Hong Son, Yala (except Betong District), Roi Et, Ranong (except Koh Phayam), Ratchaburi, Lopburi, Lamphun, Loei (except Chiang Khan District), Sisaket, Sakon Nakhon, Satun, Samut Prakan (except the Suvarnabhumi Airport), Samut Songkhram, Samut Sakhon, Sa Kaeo, Saraburi, Sing Buri, Sukhothai, Suphan Buri, Nong Khai (except Muang District, Tha Bo District, Sri Chiang Mai District and Sangkom District), Nong Bua Lamphu, Uthai Thani, Uttaradit, Ubon Ratchathani
2) 14 surveillance provinces: Chainat, Trat (except Koh Kood District and Koh Chang District), Nakhon Phanom, Nan, Buriram (except Muang District), Phichit, Maha Sarakham, Yasothon, Lampang, Surat Thani (except Koh Tao, Koh Pha-Ngan and Koh Samui), Surin (except Muang District and Tha Tum District), Ang Thong, Udon Thani (except Muang District, Kumphawapi District, Na Yung District, Ban Dung District, Prachaksinlapakhom District and Nong Han District), Amnat Charoen
3) 29 pilot tourism zones: Bangkok, Krabi, Kanchanaburi, Khon Kaen (only Muang District, Khao Suan Kwang District, Poei Noi District, Phon District, Phu Wiang District, Wiang Kao District and Ubolratana District), Chanthaburi, Chonburi, Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai, Trat (only Koh Kood District and Koh Chang District), Nakhon Ratchasima, Nonthaburi, Narathiwat, Buriram (only Muang District), Pathum Thani, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya (only Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya District, Bang Pa-in District, Phachi District, Uthai District), Phang Nga, Phetchaburi, Phuket, Yala (only Betong District), Ranong (only Koh Phayam), Rayong, Loei (only Chiang Khan District), Songkhla, Samut Prakan (only the Suvarnabhumi Airport), Surat Thani (only Koh Tao, Koh Pha-Ngan and Koh Samui), Surin (only Muang District and Tha Tum District), Nong Khai (only Muang District, Tha Bo District, Sri Chiang Mai District and Sangkhom District), Udon Thani (only Muang District, Kumphawapi District, Na Yung District, Ban Dung District, Prachaksinlapakhom District and Nong Han District)
2. Extending the enforcement period of disease control and preventive measures
The integrated control measures, prohibitions, exclusions and execution guidelines for different levels of provincial zones, including preparation measures as stated in Regulation No. 37 dated 30 October 2021 and Regulation No. 44 dated 29 April 2022, namely the prohibition of activities with a risk of disease transmission, gathering activities that can be held without permission, the integrated control measures classified to fit each area, the integrated control measures for pilot tourism areas, the adjustments of the integrated control measures in high surveillance areas, surveillance areas and pilot tourism areas, the adjustment of regulation for inbound traveller, together with measures, rules or guidelines established by the competent officials under such regulation, will remain in force as long as they are not contradicting.
3. Disease control and preventive measures for service establishments, or areas with risk of disease spreading nationwide
Service establishments or similar enterprises, entertainment venues, pubs, bars, karaoke lounges nationwide are still not allowed to reopen except for those situated in surveillance areas and pilot tourism areas that have already been certified by Thai Stop COVID-19 2 Plus and allowed to open by the Provincial Communicable Disease Committee. The business owners or entrepreneurs must operate the establishment which complies with COVID Free Setting measures. The service providers and the customers must follow the rules and the disease control and preventive measures as follows:
1) The sale and the consumption of alcoholic drink in the establishments are allowed until 24.00 hrs. only. Activities gathering in a great number of participants must be avoided.
2) Staff of the service establishments or similar enterprises must be vaccinated with a booster dose and wear a mask at all times. All staff must take a COVID-19 test using ATK self-test kit every week, evaluate and report the risk in Thai Save Thai application.
3) The business owners or entrepreneurs must screen customers and ask for a proof of full vaccination and a booster dose as required by the authorities and must comply with universal prevention measures. Customers with high risk contact who have severe symptoms and high risk of death (Group 608) should avoid getting the service in these venues.
4. Travelling into Thailand
1) Thai nationals
2) Foreign nationals
Information on entry into Thailand
Further information about COVID-19 outbreak situation from WHO:
Department of Disease Control Contact Centre (Call 1422 24/7)
Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (TCEB) (Call +66 (0) 2694 6000)