TCEB Situation Update
COVID-19 Virus on 3 August 2021
City/Provincial Zoning Adjustment and Extension of Control Measure Enforcement
1. Adjustment of city/provincial zoning to fit the situation
The city/provincial governors and concerned authorities are required to inform the public of changes in provincial zoning and strictly execute control measures. The zoning adjustment is as follows:
- Maximum control area with tight restriction in 29 provinces Bangkok, Kanchanaburi, Chonburi, Chachoengsao, Tak, Nakhon Pathom, Nakhon Nayok, Nakhon Ratchasima, Narathiwat, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Prachinburi, Pattani, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, Phetchaburi, Phetchabun, Yala, Rayong, Ratchaburi, Lopburi, Songkhla, Singburi, Samut Prakan, Samut Songkhram, Samut Sakhon, Saraburi, Suphan Buri and Ang Thong
- Maximum control area in 37 provinces - Kalasin, Kamphaeng Phet, Khon Kaen, Chanthaburi, Chainat, Chaiyaphum, Chumphon, Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai, Trang, Trat, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Nakhon Sawan, Buriram, Phatthalung, Phichit, Phitsanulok, Maha Sarakham, Yasothon, Ranong, Roi Et, Lampang, Lamphun, Loei, Sisaket, Sakon Nakhon, Satun, Sa Kaeo, Sukhothai, Surin, Nong Khai, Nong Bua Lamphu, Uttaradit, Uthaithani, Udon Thani, Ubon Ratchathani and Amnat Charoen
- Control area in 11 provinces - Krabi, Nakhon Phanom, Nan, Buengkan, Phayao, Phang Nga, Phrae, Phuket, Mukdahan, Mae Hong Son and Suratthani
2. Extension of control measure period in maximum control area with tight restriction
The limit of movement and gathering as specified in the regulation number 28 dated 17 July 2021 remains in effect until 31 August 2021 which prohibits travel and be in public between 21.00 – 04.00 hours of the next day. Regulations related to public transport, performing duties by government and private sectors, control measures for venues/establishments and other activities not in contradiction to the regulations in this announcement will remain in place.
3. Transport and travel screening measure adjustment in maximum control area with tight restriction
The involved authorities, with the support of Operation Center for Resolution of Emergency Situation, Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), the Ministry of Interior, Bangkok Metropolitan Administration, will set up checkpoints to oversee cross-provincial routes particularly those exiting from maximum control area with tight restriction to other areas. The execution of their duties must comply with the directives established by the operation center of CCSA. The measures, prohibitions and exemptions as stated in number 5 of the regulation number 28 dated 17 July 2021 must be exercised, while number 3, 4 and 5 of the regulation number 27 dated 10 July 2021 must be exercised when taking into consideration of the exempted cases.
4. Prohibition of activities posing infection risk
Gathering of persons is prohibited unless it is authorised by the city/provincial governor or officials assigned to consider the case which must be appropriate to the area and situation. The limit on the number of persons depends on the zone category, which is as follows:
1) Maximum control area with tight restriction – gathering of over 5 persons is prohibited
2) Maximum control area – gathering of over 20 persons is prohibited
3) Control area – gathering of over 50 persons is prohibited
4) High surveillance area – gathering of over 100 persons is prohibited
5) Surveillance area – gathering of over 150 persons is prohibited
Any gathering activities earlier permitted must seek a review from the authorities to ensure they fit the changing situation. They will review and examine the disease control measures of the activities and duration in line with the operational directives of the CCSA operation centre.
The Operation Center for Resolution of Emergency Situation is authorised to consider enforcing measures appropriate and necessary for each particular area including to suspend, examine or halt any gatherings or activities posing infection risks. Such enforcement will be intensively conducted.
5. Exempted activities
The following activities or gatherings can be organised without permission as stated in 4 but they must strictly follow official disease control measures.
1) Transport and movement of people to or out of particular place as stated in communicable disease law, community isolation or primary care centre for the infected
2) Activities related to hospitalisation and public health
3) Activities related to delivery of service, assistance or facilitation for the public
4) Usual gathering of persons in their residence, workplace, electronic meeting, or physical exercises in venues as specified by the authorities
5) Activities conducted by the authorities, activities organised by government agencies with the consent of their chief or activities as specified by the Operation Center for Resolution of Emergency Situation.
The authorities can enter their venues to supervise, examine the activities or give suggestions. If the activities are found to pose disease transmission risks, the authorities can make warning, suggest, adjust or suspend such activities.
6. Adjustment of urgent and integrated control measures for risky venues, establishments or activities
In order to facilitate the people’s livelihood, the following venues and activities can remain operational under established regulations.
1) Food or beverage outlets in department stores, shopping centres, community malls or similar establishments in maximum control area with tight restriction. The city/provincial governor can allow their operation until 20.00 hours with limit to delivery service only and they must be conducted in accordance with the official disease control measures, duration and regulations. The manager or responsible persons in the above establishments must conduct screening, register delivery man/woman before they enter the premise, arrange queuing system and waiting area with proper social distancing and see to it that official disease control measures are strictly adhered to.
2) The city/provincial governor are authorised to adjust the measures related to construction workers in their areas, which include measures on construction sites, temporary shelters of construction workers and migrant worker movement as stated in number 2 of the regulation number 25 dated 26 June 2021. Any adjustment shall follow the directives of the Ministry of Public Health or other official agencies. The adjustment also requires the entrepreneurs or responsible persons in each particular area to exercise Bubble and Seal measures and Sealed Route and must adjust the measures if infection occurs. In so doing they must separate the infected, close to contact persons, non-infected and vulnerable ones. They must provide medical and public health services, consumer products and other necessities as specified by the Ministry of Public Health. The said measures adjustment will not be enforced in any particular areas, sites or activities which are ordered to be closed or prohibited due to infection.
7. Adjustment of conditions for construction workers’ travel within Bangkok and surrounding provinces
Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration of the Ministry of Interior, Operation Center for Resolution of Emergency Situation, Bangkok Metropolitan Administration and surrounding provinces will consider relaxing the screening of entry and exit of construction workers when they make cross-provincial travel. This is to be in line with relaxation measure, disease control and prevention measures applicable to construction workers as stated in number 6 (2) of the regulation number 30 dated 1 August 2021.
8. Measures to prevent and control the infection among construction workers across the country
The city/provincial governor will consider enforcing Bubble and Seal and Sealed Route to fit the situation of each particular area under their responsibility.
9. Measures to prevent and control infection among construction workers in enterprises and factories across the country
The authorities and disease control officials will conduct examination, supervision and evaluation and make recommendations on Bubble and Seal, established in accordance with the official criteria and directives, to entrepreneurs or responsible persons in the enterprises and factories. However, they still need to operate under the other established conditions. They must exercise Sealed Route measures for workers travelling between their dwelling and workplace. They must execute the system to separate the infected, close contact persons, non-infected and the vulnerable ones. They must provide medical and public health services, consumer products, and other necessities as specified by the Ministry of Public Health and such provision must be in line with disease control measures, criteria and operation directives established by Operation Center for Disease Control, and CCSA in collaboration with the Ministry of Public Health, Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Labour, Ministry of Industry, Bangkok Metropolitan Administration, related provincial agencies and other concerned bodies. In this respect, their operation will be monitored on a regular basis.
10. Establishing additional measures in each province
The city/provincial governor can consider additional measures, based on communicable disease laws, to order the closure, limit or prohibition of the operation of certain establishments or order the suspension of other activities in their responsible areas. The measures established by the government, however, must be in line with the operation directives of Operation Center for Disease Control, Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) or CCSA of the Ministry of Interior.
11. Enforcement of measures in this regulation
The authorities will examine and oversee the execution of the measures, prohibitions and operational directives as stated in this regulation until 31 August 2021. They will evaluate the situation and the appropriateness of the measures stated in this regulation every 14 days.
Effective 3 August 2021 onwards
Further information about COVID-19 outbreak from WHO
Department of Disease Control Contact Centre (Call 1422 24/7)
Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (TCEB) (Call +66 (0) 2694 6000)