TCEB Situation Update
Travel Advisory: COVID-19 virus on 5 May 2020
Thailand relaxes business control measures as COVID-19 infection rate slows.
Starting May 3rd, some types of business will resume their operation while strictly following safety guidelines. This follows the one-month state of emergency extension to curb the infection rate that has continued to decline.
Two major business categories can now reopen.
1. Food and Drink
1.1) Shops in hotel, airport, train station, bus station, and hospital, convenience store, restaurant or drink, street hawker can resume their business but with take-away service only. In case of sit-in, the operator must strictly adhere to rules and regulations. Those selling food and alcoholic drinks can resume their business but consumption of alcoholic drinks on the premise is not allowed.
1.2) Shopping center, shopping mall and community mall – only supermarket, food shop (take-away only), drugstore, shop selling necessities, IT and telecommunication shop, state agency and enterprise can resume business.
1.3) Large and small-sized wholesale store, market, floating market – entry and exit must be under scrutiny, temperature check and social distancing must be conducted.
1.4) Beauty salon and barber – Hair wash, haircut and hair thinning are allowed but waiting inside is prohibited.
2. Health and Wellness
2.1) Hospital, clinic, dental service and healthcare service of all kinds established in accordance to the
law can resume their business.
2.2) Golf course and driving range – no competition held, no spectators. In case of club, club house, and restaurant inside, adherence to rules and regulations must be observed.
2.3) Outdoor sporting venue - participant must practice social distancing, such as tennis, equestrian, shooting, archery. No competition is allowed, and no spectators. In case of club, club house, and restaurant inside, adherence to rules and regulations must be observed.
2.4) Public park, public space, exercising premise, sporting venue – only the outdoor is allowed to open for walking, running, cycling or personal exercise. No competition, no spectators, and no performance.
2.5) Pet shop – pet caring, pet spa, bathing, hair trimming are allowed. The operator of the venue must be responsible for health and safety measures in accordance with the rules and regulations established by the city governor or other official authorities, who can inspect, suggest, issue warning and take prohibitive act in case of violation. Closure can be ordered.
Meanwhile, some rules and regulations are still enforced as follows:
1. Curfew between 22.00 hrs. until 04.00 hrs. of the next day
2. The premise of school and educational institution is not allowed to use for teaching, learning, examination, training or activity involving large crowd.
3. Banning of large crowd activities, such as meetings, seminars, banquets, parties, donation
4. No inbound and outbound flights, except those in compliance with the announcements made by legal aviation authorities
5. People making entry into the Kingdom must adhere to the rules and regulations, be put under quarantine or observation at the officially designated place.
6. People ordered to be under isolation must strictly adhere to the rules and regulations.
7. The governor of Bangkok and other provincial governors are authorized to temporarily close the premises prone to infection, especially those involving crowd and close contact between people. For example, theatre, playground, theme park, entertainment venue, shopping mall, meeting venue, library, museum, massage, spa, nursery, gym venue.
8. The governor of Bangkok and other provincial governors can order the closure of additional premises prone to infection, including limiting, banning or restraining additional activities prone to infection
9. Performance of religious rituals is subject to the discretion of the religious administrator.
10. Stop or delay inter-provincial travel
Information about COVID-19 outbreak from WHO
Disease Control Department call centre 1422, 24-hour
Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (TCEB) call +66 (0) 2694 6000
https://www.businesseventsthailand.com/en/situation-update-coronavirus-covid-19 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Flexible measures and strict measures